Campustalks: (Human) Sciences and social alertness - 07.05.2013
The world is changing rapidly. Creativity is a key component in a society that has entered a post-industrial era. To solve problems like aging, globalization and technocracy, contemporary and innovative responses are needed. The aim of the Human Sciences is to transform students into socially alert citizens who may come up with some solutions to the current crisis in society.
This Campustalks gives the floor to VUB-researchers from the Human Sciences to present their research and to reflect on a possible future society and alternative economic, social, or financial models that could be part of it.
The Campustalks take place at the Kultuurkaffee (VUB, Campus Etterbeek)
Tuesday May 7, from 12.00 to 14.00 h.
- 12.00-12.45: Lunch (€ 7,00 - registration is required)
12.45-13.45: PechaKucha Presentations (FREE)
- Ilse Mariën (iMinds SMIT)
- Matthias Stevens (Extreme Citizen Science group, University College London)
- Kathleen Coessens (Philosophy, VUB)
- Yoni Van Den Eede (Philosophy, iMinds-SMIT)
- Christophe Vanroelen (Sociology, VUB)
- Sofie Vermeulen (Cosmopolis, VUB)
- Gert Goeminne (CLEA, VUB & CDO, UGent)
Participation is free of charge.
Lunch costs 7,00 euro. Registration for the lunch is required
Campustalks is a cooperation of the VUB-rectorate, Crosstalks, KultuurKaffee and UPV
More info here.