International Women's Day - 08.03.2013
At the occasion of the 102th International Women's Day, this CAMPUSTALKS will zoom in on gender bias in science. Not only with regard to women's employment, but also in terms of their impact on scientific research. What are their accomplishments and what is their impact on scientific research in biology, medicine, technology or social sciences?
This CAMPUSTALKS is linked to rector Paul De Knop's initiative to dedicate the doctor honoris causi of Vrije Universiteit Brussel in 2013 entirely to female scientists.
When ? 8 Mar 2013
Place: Kultuurkaffee, VUB, Campus Etterbeek, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel
Ada Lovelace? Caroline Herschel? Grace Hopper? Barbara McClintock? Elizabeth Byanjeru Rubauhayo? These names do not sound familiar? Well, next time they ask you about female scientists, there is no longer an excuse that Marie Curie is the only name you can come up with.
- 12.00-12.45: Lunch (€ 7,00)
- 12.45-13.45: PechaKucha Presentations (FREE)
- Gily Coene (Philosophy, RHEA, VUB)
- Madeline Lutjeharms (RHEA, VUB)
- Nele Adriaenssens (Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Therapy, VUB)
- Tine Tysmans (Mechanics of Materials and Constructions, VUB)
- Martine Leermakers (Chemistry, VUB)
- Eveline Peeters (Microbiology, VUB)
- Silvia Erzeel & Eline Severs (Political Science, VUB)