knowledge for growth 2019
TTO Flanders is a joint initiative of the 5 Flemish universities: Ghent University, University of Antwerp, KU Leuven, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Hasselt University. The technology transfer offices (TTOs) of these universities are responsible for the transfer of knowledge and technology from universities and associated university colleges to private and public partners.
At knowledge for growth 2019 TTO Flanders will demonstrate and pitch applied and strategic research of the 5 universities.
During the conference breaks you can find us in the poster hall where each university will present 3 showcases. VUB will demonstrate following technologies:
- The Brussels Human Robotics Research Center (BruBotics) with its bionic prostheses as an example of how human robotics can improve the quality of life of people
- In Vitro Toxicology & Dermato-cosmetology (IVTD) with skin-derived hepatic cells technology to predict drug safety and combat liver diseases
- Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels (IB2) with MutaFrame, to understand how mutations impact Human Proteome
R2B by TTO FLANDERS - Pitch Session
From 11:30 to 13:00 at the BAEKELAND room
The morning Research 2 Business Session is an initiative by TTO Flanders.
In this session, you will be able to listen to several 5-minute project pitches from all Flemish universities. The selected valorisation projects cover a broad scope of technological innovation, and the teams are actively looking for partners for further development or for potential clients.
For VUB 2 research groups will pitch:
- µFlow Cell – Innovative Microfluidic Solutions focused on medical, pharmaceutical and biotech applications
- Liver Cell Biology Lab with a novel serological diagnostic algorithm for significant liver fibrosis
Get your early bird ticket before March 15!
Keep an eye on our website and Twitter. More details soon!
Visit the website.