Last days to register for the MOBI Seminar: "Advances in energy storage for mobile and stationary applications” & Official opening of the Battery Innovation Centre - 8 December 2014
In celebration of the official opening of the Battery Innovation Centre (BIC), MOBI and Vrije Universiteit Brussel welcome you to take part in a seminar dedicated to the state of the art in the field of energy storage for mobile and stationary applications. Join experts of companies including UMICORE, 3M and Toyota and leading researchers and be informed of the latest evolutions. The workshop sessions are followed by a festive opening of the BIC, where you will discover the largest one-stop shop for energy storage systems R&D in the Benelux and network with experts.
The event takes place on 8 December at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, U-residence from 10:00 till 20:00.
- 10:00-10:10 : Introduction (MOBI, Joeri Van Mierlo)
- 10:10-10:40 : Rechargeable energy storage materials for traction and stationary applications (Umicore, Paul Spurk)
- 10:40-11:10 : Market evolution of EVs (AVERE, Joeri De Ridder)
- 11:10-11:30 : Coffee break
- 11:30-12:00 : Present and future of batteries for EVs (3M, Egbert Figgemeier)
- 12:00-12:30 : Battery models for EVs (BIC, Noshin Omar)
- 12:30-13:00 : Characteristics and performances pf lithium-ion batteries (UC Davis, Andrew Burke)
- 13:00-13:45 : Lunch
- 13:45-14:15 : Ecodesign: from environmental insights to opportunities (MOBI, Maarten Messagie)
- 14:15-14:45 : Electical Storage Technology for new industrial applications (Ikerlan, Igor Villarreal)
- 14:45-15:15 : Lithium-ion capacitors for traction applications (JSR Micro, Jan Ronsmans)
- 15:15-15:35 : Coffee break
- 15:35-16:05 : Lessons learned from Living Lab (Sustesco, Marcel Meeus)
- 16:05-16:35 : What are the needs of energy storage for stationary applications (Laborelec, Michael De Koster)
- 17:30 : Opening Battery Innovation Centre, followed by guided visit and reception.
- 18:30 : Networking and reception