Reminder workshop "Waste as a lever for competitiveness" - 23/04/2013
The economy is becoming increasingly "greener" and is seen as an important lever for boosting competitiveness. In this context, the Secretariat of the Central Economic Council (de Centrale Raad voor het Bedrijfsleven - CRB) has done a study of the waste management industry, a future-oriented sector that not only creates self-employment and added value, but by closing cycles and converting waste into secondary raw materials and energy also has an impact on the competitiveness of other sectors.
Around this theme the CRB organizes a workshop on 23 April between 14 and 17 hours (Hall 1 of the CRB).
- 14h00 : Introduction by Luc Denayer, Secretary of the Board
- 14h10 : Presentation of the study "The competitiveness of the Belgian waste industry" Arnaud Joskin, CRB Secretariat
- 14h40 : Presentation on the importance of sustainable waste and materials management for the competitiveness of our economy Victor Dries, OVAM
- 15h00: Coffee Break
- 15h15 : Panel discussion with federal and regional policy actors OVAM, OWD, BIM, Federal Public Service Economy, platform SYMBIOSIS, NEXT Project
- 16h30 : Debate with the audience
- 17: 00 : Conclusion