Second "state of the union" meeting - 25 May 2016
You are invited to attend the second 'state of the union' meeting on Wednesday May 25th, 2016 (from 4:30 PM onwards) in Ghent. This will take place on the night before the annual Knowledge for Growth Conference as a moment to announce the key new developments in our Flemish life sciences cluster. The event is organized by FlandersBio and VIB - with the support of the city of Ghent. After several inspiring talks, there will be plenty of networking opportunities, accompanied by fine food and drinks in the historic setting of the city hall of Ghent. As seats are limited, please register before May 11, 2016. The registration rate for this key networking event is 100 EURO (VAT excl). Please register here .
4:30 pm: Registration and welcome
- Introduction: Christophe Peeters, City Deputy of Finance, Events, Small Businesses and Innovation, City of Ghent
- FlandersBio: Community Builder powered by EBD Group: Accelerating collaborations in your cluster - Henk Joos, Managing Director
- Fund+: A new life sciences fund with a social dimension - Chris Buyse, CEO & Managing Partner
- V-Bio Ventures: A new life sciences fund filling the gap of early stage financing - Christina Takke, Managing Partner
- JLINX: Accelerating early-stage transformative innovation - a partnership between J&J Innovation, Janssen & BioQube Ventures - Kurt Hertogs, Head JLINX, J&J Innovation & Nico Vandervelpen, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, BioQube Ventures
- VIB Core Facilities - Technology suites for better science - Geert Van Minnebruggen, Head of Core Facilities
- KBC Securities: Belgian life sciences: positioning from a European & Global perspective - Jan De Kerpel, Sr Analyst Biotech/Pharma
- Closing Remarks: Johan Cardoen, Managing Director, VIB
6:45 pm: Networking reception
7:45 pm: End
HOW TO GET THERE?
Stadhuis Gent / Ghent City Hall
Parking is possible in the underground parking of Vrijdagsmarkt