Industrial Research Fund knowledge centers
Since 2004 the Industrial Research Fund (IOF-Industrieel Onderzoeksfonds) enables the development of a more devised long-term policy for strategic and applied research programmes at universities. The Flemish universities receive funding according to their output performance, such as the amount of contracts with industry, publications, the share in the European Framework Programme for R&D, the number of patents and spin-offs.
At the VUB the IOF-funding is allocated to projects and research groups that are able to conceive a detailed long-term roadmap and vision on their their proprietary valorization strategy.
Discover more about the Industrial Research Fund and the VUB knowledge centers here or just click on one of the groups below.
Or check out some of the milestones in the left column.
- Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology (MOBI)
- Industrial Microbiology and Food Biotechnology (IMDO)
- In Vitro Toxicology & Dermato-cosmetology (IVTD)
- Structural Biology Brussels (SBB)
- Laboratory for Molecular and Cellular Therapy (LMCT)
- Electrochemical and Surface Engineering (SURF)
- Electronics and Informatics (ETRO)
- Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry (CHIS)
- Applied Physics and Photonics (TONA)
- Diabetes Research Center (DRC)
- Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
- Brussels Wind Energy Institute (Bruwind)