Together with TTO Flanders, a joint initiative of the tech offices of 5 the Flemish universities, VUB is represented at thé life sciences conference and exhibit in Ghent today, where the 5 universities demonstrate and pitch applied and strategic research.
VUB showcases 3 technologies:
- The Brussels Human Robotics Research Center (BruBotics) with its bionic prostheses as an example of how human robotics can improve the quality of life of people
- In Vitro Toxicology & Dermato-cosmetology (IVTD) with skin-derived hepatic cells technology to predict drug safety and combat liver diseases
- Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels (IB2) with MutaFrame, to understand how mutations impact Human Proteome
During the 'R2B by TTO Fanders Pitch session' 2 technologies are pitched:
- µFlow Cell – Innovative Microfluidic Solutions focused on medical, pharmaceutical and biotech applications
- Liver Cell Biology Lab with a novel serological diagnostic algorithm for significant liver fibrosis